Updated: Feb 27, 2019
A business’ online reputation is something that can make it sink or swim....
A bad review on Yelp, or an angry tweet unaddressed. These things, don’t just live and die online. Their power is real and their impact can quickly be felt even outside of the digital world.
- ORM stands for online reputation management
- ORM is how others view your business or image in the digital online world. Yelp, Google, Amazon, & Facebook are all great examples of a few places people go to leave & check online reputations.
- ORM i based on enhancing trust & credibility to a possible consumer that cannot touch or feel a product or service a business or person provides.
- Online reputation management is about improving your business or brands good standing online.
- Your online identity is determined not only by what you post, but also by what others post about you. Whether a mention in a blog post, a photo tag, or a reply to a public status update.
- Most business professionals and or businesses have an online reputation, Google it for yourself to find out where you or your business stands.
Three types of online reputation feedback - The good, where you take care of your online reputation and create cycles of positive quality materials that reflect well on you & your business. - The bad, ignoring your online reputation can lead to falling victim to poor cycles of false information, rumors, and slander. - Neutral, customer has mixed feelings both positive and negative about their experience.
All three of these types of reputation feedback are the most common results for ORM.
- Long before Google and social media brought everything online, businesses grew and expanded based on their reputation and how the market perceived a brand. Online reputation management (ORM) is a comparatively new concept, but it’s based on the same business principles: trust and credibility.
Before the internet age, businesses managed their brand image, built their reputation and expanded their network using a range of different public relation (PR) activities.
- ORM is fairly concept, but new studies have shown up to 73% of customers are now checking online reputation reviews in key service driven industries & business'. A new study has also shown customers that read negative non addressed reviews change their mind on services and or products 81% of the time! It's very clear, the future of a positive digital online reputation presence becomes more and more important as the years go on experts have proven time & time again...
- Why ORM is important?
MDG states that 89% of US consumers use online reviews and ratings to influence their online & retail purchases. Forbes even further supports this claim by stating that 97% of consumers use the internet to find a local business... That's right folks 97%! At the end of the day your future customers care about what they're getting, so you should too! Customers read on average 6 to 7 reviews before making an educated decision on who to hire or not. Many times just having just a couple of reviews are not enough.
If you have anymore questions about online reputation management please don't hesitate to give us a call or shoot us an email and one of our ORM specialist will get back to you as soon as possible...